What you should know before submitting a suggestion in the Product Feedback forum
- The forum is visible to all CAST customers - Do not include confidential information.
- If for specific reasons, they consider that their proposal contains confidential information, they should make their proposal in the forum without such information and address the confidential information to CAST via email.
- The CAST Product Management Team - PMT - typically responds to suggestions within one week
- You are invited to vote for existing suggestions or comment, for e.g. if you agree with the suggestion, if you see additional benefits, if you need something slightly different.
- It is possible to suggest a new feature or to improve an existing one by initiating a product feedback discussion thread. But it is recommended to search for existing similar suggestions before submitting your own. You can vote or comment on the existing one. In this way it is easier for Product Management Team to see which suggestions are the most popular.
- You are automatically notified by email about answers to your suggestions or those you have voted/commented for. You can also Follow other's suggestions to receive notifications, or Follow the forum to receive notifications for every new suggestion. Select Unfollow to stop receiving notifications.
- Please do not add any suggestions in the "comments" section of this page. All the product improvement suggestions should only be made in the Product Feedback forum
Please note that the Product Feedback forum is NOT for contacting CAST Support to ask product question or report issues. For this please create a normal ticket using the "Submit a request" button or "Sign in" to submit a request in CAST (castsoftware.com)
How to Start a new discussion in the Product Feedback forum
Before creating a new thread in the Product Feedback forum, please check if a similar one has not been already created. If there exists a similar suggestion, it is better to contribute to it in order to gather comments and votes on the existing suggestion. This is particularly useful for qualification and priority evaluation by Product Management team.
Creating a new product feedback discussion can be done by clicking the “New Post" button and filling in the dialog box that appears.
Please read the following points to help us in understanding and getting more clarity about your suggestions.
Please select the appropriate topic from the "Topic" drop down.
Click “Post” when you have finished describing your suggestion. Other users of the forum will then be able to follow you and to contribute to your post.
Product Management team at CAST tries to provide answers to all valid proposals within a week.
How to Promote existing suggestions
In addition to giving feedback and proposing suggestions for product evolution, you can also contribute to those posted by other users in the Product Feedback forum.
You can add comments to share your own views on a given aspect and thus provide a valuable help in qualifying an improvement. To do this just fill-in the “Comment” section and then click on the “Submit” button.
CAST’s Product Managers will contribute to discussions as well as other users.
You can also contribute to promote, in terms of priority, an evolution you would like to see in the product by voting for it. You just have to use the spinning widget to add or remove your vote.
How to get notified when a product feedback discussion is created or updated?
You will be notified (through emails) each time someone adds a comment or put their vote on the discussion thread you have initiated in the Product Feedback forum
You can also follow a discussion thread by clicking the “Follow” button associated to the discussion thread. Then, you will receive a notification at each update. Note that clicking the “Follow” button associated to the “CAST product feedback” topic will make you notified each time a discussion thread is initiated or updated.