ERRORS AND RESPONSE
|Error Severity Level||Severity Level Description||Response||Response time|
|1||BLOCKING: Reported problems preventing all useful work from being done by Software, or Software functionality is inoperative.||1. Acknowledgment||1. Less than 2 hours after notification - constant effort until fixed|
|2. Temporary fix - Workaround or patch||2. Not to exceed 5 business days|
|3. Permanent fix||3. Within 30 working days|
|4. Communications for Temporary fix||4. Daily|
|2||SEVERE IMPACT: Software is partially inoperative and is considered as severely restrictive by Licensee in its ability to have the Software perform according to Documentation.||1. Acknowledgment||1. Less than 4 hours|
|2. Temporary fix - Workaround only||2. Less than 10 business days|
|3. Permanent fix||3. Within 30 business days|
|4. Communications for Temporary fix||4. Every 48 hours|
|3||DEGRADED OPERATIONS: Reported problems disabling specific non-essential functions of Software; and/or Licensee has determined a work-around for the Error condition.||1. Acknowledgment||1. Less than 48 hours|
|2. Temporary fix - Workaround only||2. Less than 15 business days|
|3. Permanent fix||3. Future service packs|
|4. Communications for Temporary fix||4. Weekly|
|4||MINIMAL IMPACT: Any deviation from Specifications not otherwise included in a Severity 1, 2, or 3 category.||1. Acknowledgment||1. Within 1 week|
|2. Temporary fix||2. N/A|
|3. Permanent fix||3. Future service packs/minor or major versions|
|4. Communications for Permanent fix||4. 30 working days notice before next service pack/minor or major version|
- A Major version shall mean a new version comprising significant improvements in existing functionality or the addition of new functions. A major version is indicated by the first digit of the version number (for example 8).
- A minor version shall mean a new version including improvements to existing functionality. The changes or improvements shall be considered not to affect functionality and/or the interoperability of the Software installed. A minor version is indicated by the first two digits of the version number (for example 8.2).
- Service pack shall mean a collection of corrections or limited improvements related to a minor version of the Software resulting in a more robust version whose functionality shall be identical to the minor version. A Service Pack shall be indicated by the first three digits of the version number (for example 8.2.5 which identifies the 5th service pack applicable to the 8.2 minor version).
- Patch shall mean an ad-hoc addition to the Software to correct or improve a current version thereof and which does not constitute an enhancement. A patch shall generally comprise only a collection of new files and/or programs comprising the Software. A patch shall be indicated by the following format: HotFix_<service pack number>.<build number>.<patch number>. (for example, HotFix_18.104.22.1687.01).
- Workaround is a different way of using the product. to achieve the desired result.
- Temporary fix: is a work around or a patch.
- Permanent fix: a correction in a service pack, minor or major version.
- Response time for Acknowledgement means the time from when Licensee places the call or sends an email until Licensor replies.
- Response time for the temporary fix: means the time from when Licensor’s Technical Support Team can verify the reported problem via proper documentation (e.g. logs, web-session, database extract, source code sample) until Licensor provides a workaround or a patch for blocking issues.
- Response time for the permanent fix: means the time from when the Licensor’s Technical Support Team can verify the reported problem via proper documentation (e.g. logs, web-session, database extract, source code sample) until there is a permanent fix in the software defect.
The response times are applicable if the user uses the latest service pack of each major/minor version supported by CAST AIP and provides required input. In case source code and/or CAST databases cannot be provided and are required, resolution times cannot be guaranteed.