This page will help you solve problems related to CAST AIP Console.
CAST AIP Console is a front end web application which provides a means to configure, run, and manage CAST AIP analyses on multiple analysis machines.
CAST AIP Console gives an Application Overview showing the application state regarding versions, analysis and snapshots, Technologies and framework identification and Matching technology between Tech Survey and source code delivered
For more information, refer to:
|CAST AIP 8.3
|AIP Console Version
|AIP Console 1.8.x or greater
- If you are starting AIP Console or AIP Node and receiving an windows error code 1, then make sure that the Java version you installed matches your architecture (if you have a 64-bit OS, then you should have a 64-bit Java). See the screenshot below for an example of the error in this case:
- If the node has become out of sync with the console or if there is some corruption in the setup, then:
- If you have AIP Console version < 1.15.x, you can do a delete with the KeepData option followed by an import to attempt to clear this up.
- The delete CLI is shown in the documentation here (again make sure you use the KeepData option): Delete an Application via CLI
- The import is shown in the documentation here in step 3: Import an Application managed with CAST Management Studio into AIP Console
- If you have AIP console verison => 1.15.x, then there is a resync option to resync any changes done in CAST-MS with the AIP console
- Related documentation:
- If using the CLI in automation, make sure that the CLI tools extension is compatible with the AIP Console version you are running to avoid compatibility issues. This is available on the Extend website:
- If using the CLI and you receive an error indicating a 404 response, make sure that your syntax of the CLI is correct and that you might not be missing a '-' for a flag (such as using the flag app-guid and making sure it is --app-guid "XXX" and not -app-guid "XXX").
- The specific error may look like the following:
- com.castsoftware.aip.console.tools.core.exceptions.ApiCallException: Response code from API was unexpected : 404
- If you have postgres hosted on a linux machine, AIP Console processes for example, install extension/ run analysis can fail when it crosses a 2 hour time frame.
This is because there is a timeout set on the linux environment by default (7200 seconds) as mentioned in the documentation here - How to find the connection time-out value in linux?
- Proxy details in AIP Console should be set as below -
- If there is proxy set on the Windows machine, you need to select the System Proxy option in AIP Console
- If you are using a proxy script, you need to select the Manual Proxy option in AIP Console and provide the host and port details of proxy.
- If you are using Extend Proxy instead of CAST Online Extend Server, you do not need to add another proxy. You need to select the No proxy option.
- If you come across the red ribbon error on the AIP Console GUI, like below -
- Check cmsapi/webi logs. You may come across issues such as - "Unable to find com.castsoftware.aip.management.entities.cms.analysis.AnalysisUnit with id <AU id>"
- You need to check whether there is an analysis unit that is missing - CAST-MS validation view can provide this information.
- You need to check whether there is a dependency that is missing its target - CAST-MS validation view can provide this information.
- You need to check whether any module is missing a filter - CAST-MS validation view can provide this information.
- If the logs have too many warnings or errors, it can result in the analysis crashing with no further update in the logs of AIP Console but CAST-MS shows analysis is complete and the status in CAST-MS is accurate. To limit the number of log messages, you can change the parameter logging:summary:limit to 1000 in the application.yml file of the Node data folder.
- If the problem you are facing does not match any case listed in this page, report your problem to CAST Technical Support and provide the below Relevant input for CAST Technical Support to reproduce the issue.
- CAST Support Tool (CST)-alias Sherlockexport with the following options CAST Bases Checker, Export Logs, Export Configuration files, Export Computer Environment, Export CAST Bases with Management Base, Knowledge Base, Central base, Measurement Base Export source code and CAST AAD/AED Folder.
- Screenshot of issue with detailed explanation of the problem
- Version of the AIP Console used as well as CAST AIP
- CMSAPI logs located here: <AIP_console_installation>\AipNode\data\logs\cmsapi\
- WEBI logs located here: <AIP_console_installation>\AIPConsole\data\logs\
- For Offline extend issues, include the offline extend logs - <offline line extend install directory>\ExtendService\logs (This is deprecated)
- Extend proxy issues - Extend proxy logs C:\Program Files\Cast\Extend\logs and Extend Proxy db. %ProgramData%\Cast\Extend\extend-proxy-db.sqlite
- The external logs in the directory: <AIP_console_installation>\AipNode\data\logs\external_logs