Application Link Map is a global map made from the consolidation of the Application link survey inputs, contributed by the several application owners, based on each of their applications, from across the entire portfolio. This global map helps in anticipating and estimating the impact of any change in the application landscape, whatever be the use case (Cloud migration, Application modernization, Software resiliency heatmap, etc.).
The interactive map works in different ways
- From the 1000's of apps it is easy to locate any app using the zoom function.
- Click on an app node and all the other apps which are not linked to it will be hidden.
- Select from a drop down any of the metric like Total lines of code, resiliency, CloudReady scores, roadblocks, number of FTEs, Business Impact, or Back-Fired Function Points, to dynamically change each app node size, like in the Highlight dashboards.
The next Highlight release will add more metrics available as the bubble size selector (Software Health, Open Source Safety and CloudReady Effort Estimate) and colors of the bubbles (e.g. red if Resiliency is selected as the bubble size and the given app receives a bad score on Resiliency shows up with a red tile)
- Find out easily the high-level scores and metrics of each application node such as Business Impact, Software Resiliency, Agility, Elegance, CloudReady scores, and allocated FTEs by just hovering over it.
- Get the application ID card and deeper details of each app by doing SHIFT and click on the node.
- Group apps by Holding CTRL and click to display the the aggregated scores. This will be helpful for Cloud migration to see how many roadblocks your app group has, and how many FTEs are currently working on these apps.
- Filter the Application Link dashboard on one or more link types ( API, FTP/SFTP, SOAP/REST). This will be useful in use cases like Cloud migration where grouping based on communication protocols such as REST, SOAP, FTP or UDP must be done before moving anything.
More details can be found at https://doc.casthighlight.com/feature-focus-on-application-links/